Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2023… Pursue your education by participating in U.S., Europe, African, Oceania, and Japanese universities. Good news! Applications for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program are now open.
Pursue your education by participating in U.S., Europe, African, Oceania, and Japanese universities. Good news! Applications for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program are now open. This article will cover the scholarship program, its advantages, and the step-by-step application procedure in detail.
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program 2023-2025 is a fully-funded master’smaster’s award for international students. The JJ/WBGSP scholarship will pay for tuition and accommodation, flights in economy class, and the monthly living allowance.
WBGSP is open to both men and women from developing nations who have relevant experience in the field and a record of contributing to the development of their country that is enrolled in master’smaster’s programs in a related topic to development.
JJWBGSP provides grants to 26 Participating Programs offered by universities in the U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in the most critical areas of development, such as tax policy and infrastructure and tax policy. It is only possible to receive the JJWBGSP Scholarship if accepted into any program. Students from developing nations strongly desire to return to their home countries to use their new skills and contribute to their countries’ cultural and economic growth after they graduate.
- Application Window#1: From January 16 to February 28, 2023 at noon Washington time.
- Application Window #2: From March 27 to May 26, 2023 at noon Washington time
Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your study program and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, scholars will receive a U.S. $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance obtained through the university.
- While on campus during the scholarship period, a monthly subsistence allowance covers all living expenses (accommodations, food, etc., including books). The amount of assistance varies depending on the host country.
Please note all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cover the duration of the graduate program or two years, whichever is less.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does not cover the following:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to bring and support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Courses that do not meet the minimum credits required to earn the graduate degree;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the study program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
- Resident permit fee
Eligibility Criteria for Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
To be eligible for The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Not hold dual citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in good health;
- Hold a Bachelor’sBachelor’s (or equivalent) degree earned at least three years before the Application Deadline date;
- Have three years or more of recent development-related work experience after earning a Bachelor’sBachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full-time position when submitting the scholarship application. The only exception to this criterion is for developing country nationals from a country that will be on the updated Fragile and Conflict States list provided to applicants in the Application Guidelines for each call for scholarships.
- On or before the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming academic year to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP preferred university master’smaster’s programs and located outside of the applicant’sapplicant’s country of citizenship and country of residence listed at the time the call for scholarship applications open. The letter of admission must be uploaded before submitting your application.
- Not be an Executive Director, their alternate, and staff of any appointment of the World Bank Group or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew; *Please note: All eligibility criteria are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility criteria WILL NOT change during an open call for applications. However, this information is subject to change between the close of one application process and the opening of the next.
To learn more about The Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program – JJWBGSP, please visit the official website: