Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship
Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship.. A recent survey suggests that 2024 in 2024, the Canadian trucking industry will be short of 48,000 long-haul truckers.
This is good news for truck drivers since it could create an excellent chance for those looking to move to Canada to work in this kind of job.
Furthermore, there is no doubt that the Canadian transportation sector is still facing a challenge of high demand and a shortage of jobs for truck drivers with long hauls. The Canadian government favors these developments by providing qualified foreign workers who want to be truck drivers in the country with work permits.
Requirements For Truck Driver Jobs in Canada (With Visa Sponsorship)
Let’s look at the requirements for a truck driver in Canada. This will allow you to understand what you need to do to obtain an immigration sponsorship truck driver job as a non-Canadian living in Canada.
Truck Driver Jobs In Canada With VISA Sponsorship
- The jobs of a truck driver in Canada include full-time, permanent weekends, overtime night, day, and even evening shifts.
- A high school diploma is preferred but not required for this job.
- Driving experience with a heavy load is an advantage but isn’t necessary.
- The ability to communicate in functional or basic English is essential.
- Memberships, certificates, licenses, courses, certificates, and other certificates are needed for this position.
- A valid driver’s license (Class 1, or A) is required along with your Air Brake (Z) Endorsement.
- Types of Equipment and Trucking Tractor-trailer: Flatbed, Tractor, Highway, Refrigerated truck (4,600kgplus or 10,000lbs using three or more axles).
- Security and Safety: Basic security clearance, Criminal background check, checking driving records (abstract), medical exams, and drug tests are mandatory.
- Information about travel and transportation Are you willing to travel across Canada and the United States. Are willing to travel during the night, day, or at night, including overnight travel, and willing to travel for lengthy durations.
- Other requirements: Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada and are willing to work as a team of two to operate long-haul trucks.
- The ability to operate the straight and articulated truck to facilitate the transport of supplies and products.
- Unloading and loading cargo, as well as tarping and ensuring cargo safety and security
- The ability to plan your travel routes and times.
- You should be able to utilize atlases and other tools to aid you in planning your trip.
- Receive information and transmit this information back to the central dispatcher.
- The capability to operate in convoy or two-person teams.
- You must also be able to assess the condition of your vehicle and check the lights, tires, cold storage, brakes, and other parts.
Top Programs in Canada for Truck Driver Jobs
Here’s a rundown of the most popular programs that can help you find employment as a truck driver that has a visa sponsor in Canada:
The British Columbia is also a provincial program for truck drivers in Canada is
An offer for full-time employment in long-haul trucking is considered the standard for applicants in the province’s entry-level and semi-skilled categories, which have over 400 jobs in the job market. Long-haul truck drivers can reside in the province for a long time. Learn more about immigration in British Columbia by visiting their website at https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/.
With 837 job advertisements currently on the market, Quebec leads the way for local job opportunities open to truck drivers. According to the information posted on the Quebec government’s site for employment, the prospects for employment of truck drivers are “excellent” with their system.
Access the Quebec website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html.
In July of 2019 in July 2019, in July 2019, the NOC code for drivers of transport trucks (7511) was added to the Ontario Immigrant Program Employment Job Offer for Employers In-Demand Skills Stream. It was added along with three other professions.
This means that experienced truck drivers with an offer of employment in Ontario can follow a specific route to obtain permanent residency in Canada. Learn more about immigration at https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html.
Long-haul truckers are a second in-demand occupation under the Alberta Immigrant Program, which has over 500 jobs available on the bank for employment. The Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry are available to drivers of trucks.
Employers who want to recruit truck drivers from Manitoba must follow the Federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers procedure. The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program only allows employers to hire employees outside within the LMIA procedure, provided that specific requirements are met, like the recruitment process and the compliance with provincial laws regarding labor.
Visit the Manitoba immigration website at https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html to discover more.
Newfoundland and Labrador
It is a province within Canada. Canadian province Newfoundland and Labrador
The Labour Market Outlook 2025 report in Newfoundland and Labrador highlights truck driving as a job that will require substantial migration to fill job demand. For the NLPNP’s Skilled worker or Express, Entry tracks trucking firms must apply to be considered eligible employers.
If you are already in Canada through an employment permit, Saskatchewan Immigration has a separate Long-Haul truck Drivers Sub-Category. The job also is eligible for the Occupations and Express Entry in-Demand categories, which each has a specific focus on certain professions.
Transportation Truck Drivers (NOC 7511) are two jobs targeted by the Nova Scotia Nominee Programme’s Occupations In-Demand stream. This opens the way to permanent residency for drivers.
You could obtain truck driver jobs through visa sponsorship in Canada through this program.
Wages for Truck Drivers jobs in Canada
Hourly pay for truck drivers is currently comparable to provincial and national averages.
According to the Job Bank, in addition to Statistics Canada data, the median pay for truck drivers is a little lower than the average for the nation. However, it could rise to more than $8 more than the average amount, which is the rate of $32 an hour under certain circumstances.
The wages for truck drivers are predicted to increase as demand for labor increases in the coming years.
If you’re considering the possibility of a job as a truck driver with Visa sponsorship Canada for non-natives, you’re on the correct page. This article outlined these possibilities and the different programs that provide these
Hi, am a 45 year old nigerian with 9 years of truck driving with jet vacuum truck, straight delivery truck, dump truck and water tanker.
Am interested in working abroad particularly Canada.